Search This Blog

Thursday 15 September 2011

Batman Live-action & Animation (Blog: 1)

Batman: The Dark Knight (2008)



In the next couple months in my spare time I'll write about all the different Batman's in the media, with my childhood favorite 90's Batman: The Animated series, even dating back to the 1966 Adam West television series.

I have watched most of what is available already, but there are still a lot on the list below I need to catch up on, so the blogs won't all be written for a while.

Once I have wrote my reviews on Batman in television media, I might write about the games, but now I'm getting ahead of myself.

This is the list I have made of the Batman in film and animation which I will gradually write about. (I'm leaving out anything where he only has a small role or cameo appearances, so things like: "The new adventures of Superman", "Static Shock", "The Zeta Project", "Birds of Prey", "1966: Batgirl[Unaired Pilot]", "Krypto the Super dog" & "Teen Titans" won't be wrote about; however as he plays a significant role and is in quite a few episodes of the new series "Young Justice" that will be included in this Batman blog series. There are also two Scooby Doo film's where Batman & Robin play a role so those will be included):


  • 1943: Batman
  • 1949: Batman and Robin
  • 1966-1968: Batman
  • 1966: Batman film
  • The New Adventures of Batman
  • Legends of the Superheroes
  • 1968 - 1969: The Batman/Superman Hour
  • Super Friends
  • 1972: The New Scooby-Doo Movies:
    • "The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair" (9/16/72)
    • "The Caped Crusader Caper" (12/16/72)
  • Batman
  • Batman Returns
  • Batman Forever
  • Batman & Robin
  • Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
  • Batman: Gotham Knight (Animated adaption to the Christopher Nolan films)
  • Batman: Under the Red Hood
  • Justice League: The New Frontier
  • Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
  • The Batman 2004-2008
  • The Batman vs. Dracula
  • Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
  • Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
  • Batman: The Animated Series
  • Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  • Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
  • The New Batman Adventures
  • Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
  • Justice League
  • Justice League Unlimited
  • Batman Beyond
  • Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
  • Batman: The Brave and the Bold
  • Young Justice
  • 2011: Batman: Year One (October)
  •  

-TJC